My yoga journey started in 1989 at the recommendation of my physiotherapist (Robin Bolin) who treated my lower back problem. Robin was also a qualified Iyengar yoga teacher and she encouraged me to learn to look after my lower back. My back problem was caused by kayak racing in my teenager years and sedentary lifestyle.
I have been practicing in Iyengar style for all these years.
The health benefits of regular yoga practice were obvious to me very early on. As long as I kept up my practice I was pain-free and was able to lead a normal life without operation and indulge in my passions of bush-walking and dancing.
I completed my Hatha yoga teacher training in 2010 and have been teaching over 50’s, seniors and the not so supple since then.
My years spent as student in therapy classes made me a better teacher. I am able to modify poses to suit the individual, to work with their pre-existing conditions.
As a member of Yoga Australia (#1766) I am required to undertake professional development which I thoroughly enjoy and find it stimulating.
Since graduating in 2010 I completed following courses:
- Introduction to Ayurveda – Nature Care College – 2011;
- Relax and Renew”® Trainer – Judith Hansen Lasater – Aug 2012;
- Yoga Therapy for Anxiety and Stress – Enlightened Events – June 2017;
- Yoga Therapy for the Physical Body – Enlightened Events – July 2017;
- Meditation facilitator – Adore Yoga – January 2019;
- Teaching yoga for Seniors (over 65’s) – Enlightened Events – June 2019.
I looking forward to hearing from you.