Do you feel your muscle tone is reducing, body is getting stiffer, back pain or arthritis is reducing the quality of your life?
Would you like to practice yoga in a safe environment with like-minded people in your age group?
My classes are might be what you have been looking for.
I specialize in teaching yoga to over 50’s, currently in the leafy suburb of Clovelly.
Each class has a slightly different focus where everybody works to their ability on the day. After warm up we include poses to increase strength, flexibility and balance with emphasis on correct alignment, good breathing technique and good posture. Asanas (poses) are modified to suit the individual to gain the benefit, using props if needed. The class finishes with relaxation and chanting.
Yoga has all the components to improve our physical and mental health. It is never too late to start practicing yoga or take it up after a long break.
The business name comes from tranquility and ability, two of the essentials we need to carry with us as we progress along this journey of life. The health benefits flowing from regular yoga practice are immense.
The classes are suitable for:
- Over 50’s, seniors and the not so supple;
- Beginners who want to learn the foundations of yoga;
- Experienced yogis who are returning to yoga after a long break or after recovering from injury;
- People who might need a bit slower pace and/or therapy;
- Interested in all aspects of yoga;
- People who like to practice in small classes with like-minded students in pleasant and fun atmosphere;
- Men and women are welcome.